Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Happy Birthday, Lil' Dude :)

It's that time again. Tomorrow, Jonas will be 3 years old.
I am thankful for every single moment, every day:

When I'm snuggled up in bed with him, watching Yo Gabba Gabba on the laptop.

When I'm counting to 3 because I've already asked him several times to do something, and it's the only way he'll listen...because when I make it to 3, I'm holding his hand and guiding him to do it anyway, and he's much too independent for mommy's help.

When he's singing the alphabet, because no matter how many times we go over it, he still skips the letter "E", and says "KIM" instead of "K-L-M"

When he makes me take him to the potty in public, just to circle the toilet 5 times, sit on it and not actually go, but still wants to flush.

When he tells me: "I love you, mommy. You're my best friend, and you're awesome"

I have a thousand Jonas stories and memories in these 3 short years. I store them up in my brain the best I can, because they are precious moments with a child I couldn't be any more lucky to have. He's the sweetest, most easygoing, loving child I've ever known-and I'm not just saying that because he's mine.

He's a ray of sunshine, even when he's got a grouchy look on his face.

I cannot wait to see what this next year brings, and the one after that, and the one...you get the point :)

Happy 3rd Birthday, kiddo! Let's celebrate another year together, and many more to come <3 class="separator" div="div" style="clear: both; text-align: center;">

No comments:

Post a Comment